Monday, December 6, 2010

Introduction

I felt like I had to write an introduction to my blog. I don't know why but for some reason whenever I read a blog post I feel the need to know about the writer first or the reasons for creating a blog or whatever……I feel there should be an introduction to everything!
So I am an Egyptian student. My study field is business…though it was never what I thought I'd be doing. I always believed I'd go for a "top faculty" as they call them here in Egypt. And these are the faculties that require high score in high school like medicine or engineering. I always thought that because I was good at school. And when I got into business when my score was high enough for me to go anywhere I was showered with criticism…….and I hated that! I am usually criticized by my relatives because to them am too open-minded and to them that's a crime…although to my friends and colleagues am too traditional. The reason why am making this blog is that I have always been writing but to myself……I kept my thoughts private in word documents saved in folder no one can find on my computer. I didn't want to be judged whether for my ideas or my style so I went behind a name that is not mine and never will be. I got that idea from an Egyptian well-known writer who did the same a few years ago…..am not seeking the fame she got but it seemed like a good solution to my problem (which simply is not having the guts to publish what I write).
I am not the best writer you've ever seen and my blog probably isn't the best you see but it still feels good to be able to publish what I write knowing that people might be reading it none of whom knows who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment